Monday, March 05, 2007

Beach!!! And, the bananas taste better here...






Hi all-

Well, more pics if I can upload them. I went to the beach on Saturday and Sunday. These pictures are from Sunday...a place called Cabo Ledo that is about a 2 hours drive south of Luanda. I went with a really nice Portuguese couple that I met through Casa Soleme, where I am staying. He's a mechanic and works on the trucks and bulldozers here and she has just come to stay with him for a couple of months. They are very sweetly in love--Joao told me that he loves her because she's beautiful on the outside but also because she has a good heart and is his best friend, sigh.

And, as for the bananas...they are delicious! They really taste, well, banana-y! Yum!

So here are some pics, from left and clockwise:

1. Joao and Julia.

2. The view from the car.

3. Taken from the car and is of the thatched cabanas that you can rent along the water--it's really too hot here to be outside in the sun all day.

4. Hanging out at the beach...all the umbrellas were taken so we staying in the shade of the rental cabana.

5. The beach!

No comments: